Shrimp Fra Diavolo
What You Will Need For 2 or more:
- 10 oz. Shrimp
- Garlic Clove (2)
- Fresh Oregano (0.25 oz.)
- Chili Pepper Flakes( I go heavy, I like spicy 3 teaspoon)
- Cayenne Pepper( 1 Teaspoon, again depends on how spicy you prefer)
- Sugar( 2 teaspoons, you can add more if you make it too spicy to taste)
- Pepper(sprinkle to taste)
- Salt(sprinkle to taste)
- Basil (0.25 oz.)
- Linguine(6 oz.)
- Onion (1)
- Can of diced tomatoes(1)
- Olive Oil( I use a Fire House Spicy Blend for this dish, 1-2 teaspoon)
- Spinach( I use about 2 handfuls)
- Peas( 1 can)
- Blackening Seasoning(Old Bay makes one, this is to sprinkle)
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Wash and dry all produce. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Halve, peel, and dice onion. Pick leaves from oregano & Basil. Discard stems and finely chop leaves. Mince or grate garlic.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, half the oregano & basil, and a pinch of chili flakes (to taste). Cook until softened, about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Shrimp and spinach to same pan. Sprinkle blackening seasoning and cayenne pepper over shrimp as much as you would like or as little. Let shrimp cook until pink and completely opaque, 4-5 minutes, Stir occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes and 1 tsp sugar to pan. Then Add Can of peas and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Once water is boiling, add linguine to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Toss linguine into bowl, coating with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and basil and any additional chili flakes if desired.
Voila! Enjoy this is one of my favorites!