Hot & Sweet Sausage with Israeli Couscous, Spinach and Mushrooms
What You Will Need For Two:
- Yellow Onion (1 large)
- Button Mushrooms (4-6 oz. I just used one whole package)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Sweet Italian Sausage((2 large links)
- Hot Italian Sausage( I used a Honey Habanero & Monterey Jack Chicken Sausage, for an extra kick)(2 large links)
- Oregano (1/4 oz. or to taste, I always use a little more spices)
- Chicken Stock Concentrate(1/4 cup)
- Israeli Couscous (you can use whatever kind of couscous you would like)(1cup)
- Baby Spinach (5 oz.)
- Parmesan Cheese ( you can always add more but I used 1/4 cup)
- Greek Seasoning (optional pre mix from grocery store, once you used it you will love it)(to taste)
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Wash and dry all produce. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Thinly slice mushrooms and garlic. Thinly slice sausage into rounds.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage to the pot and sear until browned.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and half the garlic to pot and cook until softened, usually 4-5 minutes, tossing and sprinkling in a little, salt , pepper, and Greek seasoning.
- Add oregano, 1½ cups water, and stock concentrate to pot. Bring to a simmer and stir in couscous. Let simmer uncovered about 15 minutes. Sometimes adding a little extra water is needed until couscous is cooked.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Toss in remaining garlic add spinach and toss until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and a little Greek seasoning.
- Stir in a little parmesan cheese to the couscous to melt. Then add spinach into couscous and stir. Divide couscous between bowls and Voila!