Maple Balsamic Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli
What You Need For Two:
- Broccoli Florets (about 8 oz.)
- Sweet Potatoes (2 large)
- Chicken Breasts (2 about 12 oz.)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Sweet and Smoky Spice Blend (you can buy a blend pre made or use cinnamon, salt, pepper, a little cayenne pepper.)
- Onion Powder
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place broccoli florets on a baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper ( I also sprinkle Turmeric which is optional). Roast until crispy and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Put on a plate and microwave(yes in the microwave!) on high until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- While broccoli and sweet potatoes cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season chicken all over with salt ( I use a Mediterranean Sea Salt) and pepper, onion powder,(optional turmeric, also I add with chicken and pork dishes a pre made Cuban blend you can purchase at grocery store). Add to pan and cook until browned about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and slice into about 1/2 inch slices, Throw back into the pan until browned and no pink in the center.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan, I go a little heavy on this I pour it in until half of the bottom of pan is covered or you can ass about 4 TBSP. Simmer until thickened but not completely evaporated, 1-3 minutes( I turn heat up to high). Add 4-5 tsp maple syrup (I add more, I like extra sauce) and simmer until very thick and sticky, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 TBSP butter and stir until melted.
- Split sweet potatoes down the middle and brush with butter season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a pinch of sweet and smoky spice blend (to taste). Lightly mash with a fork if you’d like.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on plates with chicken and broccoli. Drizzle over any remaining glaze and sprinkle sweet and smoky spice blend over top. Voila! Quick and easy!