Herb Roasted Salmon with Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes & Chard topped with Almonds
What You Need For 2:
- Salmon Fillets
- Red & Yellow Bell Peppers(1 each)
- Red Onions( half or 1 whole depends on how much onion you’d like)
- Garlic (to taste)
- Green Beans (I prefer French cut)
- Paleo Caesar Dressing(store bought, doesn’t have to be Paleo, just what I prefer)
- Almonds(to sprinkle to taste)
- Red Chard
- Sweet Potatoes(2)
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. De-stem dill, thyme, and oregano; finely chop all leaves together. Place Salmon in a bowl, drizzle oil ( I use Mediterranean olive oil). Add herbs a little bit of salt and pepper. Optional to add a little bit of honey(I always do with fish). Slice lemon into thin circle slices .
- Trim stem ends off green beans and cut into 1-inch pieces, place into bowl. Cut red and yellow peppers into thin slices along with the onion and put in same bowl with green beans. Toss in some garlic to taste as much as you’d like. Drizzle with oil add some salt and pepper optional step I also when cooking veggies add a Greek Seasoning mix and sprinkle it on, it comes pre mixed and you can pick it up at any grocery store). Then stir.
- Spread veggie mixture on baking sheet, place salmon on top of veggies, skin side down. Place lemon slices on top covering salmon. (Optional to drizzle more honey all over on top(I do it adds extra flavor). Then place foil covers entire baking sheet, crimp foil over edges to seal.
- Put baking sheet with veggies and salmon in over and Roast 15-20 minutes(depends on your oven or until salmon flakes with fork and veggies are tender).
- Meanwhile, remove center stem from red chard. Cut stem into about 1/4 pieces and separately chop leaves into bite-size pieces. Also dice sweet potatoes to bite-sized.
- Drizzle cooking oil into pan, add sweet potatoes and chard stems. Season with salt and pepper and a little bit of turmeric if you have it( I add turmeric a lot along with salt and pepper just for the health benefit, I cant stress enough how great it is for you! In fact every time I say add salt and pepper in my recipes I am really adding turmeric also, so feel free to as long as you like the taste). Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add chard leaves to sweet potato mixture; stir. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Cook 2-4 more minutes depends on your stove or how high heat your using, you just want them to be fork tender. Stir occasionally then add some drizzles of honey to taste. Take off heat.
- Divide veggies and top with salmon keeping the lemon on top the salmon. Place sweet potato and chard mixture next to salmon and veggies. Sprinkle with almonds and place Caesar dressing in side cup on plate or drizzle over plate lightly. Voila your finished!