Steak & Potatoes with Balsamic-Cranberry Sauce
What You Need For 2:
- Rosemary (pinch or two)
- Yukon Gold Potatoes (10 small)
- Red Cabbage (used 1 package)
- Mustard Seeds (1tsp)
- White Wine Vinegar (2TBSP)
- Sirloin Steak (I used 12oz)
- Balsamic Vinegar (to taste about 2TBSP I go heavy)
- Soy Sauce (to taste 1-2 TBSP)
- Cranberry Jam(5tsp)
- Yellow Onion (1)
Prepare to be a Chef:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Peel, and thinly slice onion. Strip rosemary leaves from stems if you are using Fresh and finely chop until you have 1 TBSP, I usually go heavy on all my spices(I love flavor). Discard stems. Halve potatoes lengthwise, then cut into about 1-inch-thick wedges (however wide you want your fries)
- Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil ( I use several different kinds of oils when I cook, it all depends on the taste you are going for, this time I used Avocado oil) and chopped rosemary. Season with salt ( I use a Pink Mediterranean Sea Salt) and pepper. Roast until lightly brown and crisp, about 30-35 minutes
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and cabbage and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, tossing. Add mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop. Stir in white wine vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- While cabbage cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in another pan over medium-high heat. (A lot of people pat steak dry with a paper towel, to rid all extra juices.I do not, I use a lot of seasonings &spices when I cook so the extra juices helps absorb them and keep them on the meat) Season all over with salt and pepper, and all additional spices are optional I always use a Cuban spice blend on my meats but flavor meats how your family will eat them. Add to pan and sear until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 4-7 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Use same pan to make sauce Add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, cranberry jam, and 3 TBSP water to same pan over medium heat. Stir. Let simmer until reduced to a Saucy consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Thinly slice steak. Arrange potatoes and cabbage between plates. Drizzle glaze over steak, and if you have extra rosemary you can sprinkle on top.
Enjoy! I make lots of different steak dishes, Stay Tuned!