Hot & Sweet Sausage with Israeli Couscous, Spinach and Mushrooms
What You Will Need For Two:
- Yellow Onion (1 large)
- Button Mushrooms (4-6 oz. I just used one whole package)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Sweet Italian Sausage((2 large links)
- Hot Italian Sausage( I used a Honey Habanero & Monterey Jack Chicken Sausage, for an extra kick)(2 large links)
- Oregano (1/4 oz. or to taste, I always use a little more spices)
- Chicken Stock Concentrate(1/4 cup)
- Israeli Couscous (you can use whatever kind of couscous you would like)(1cup)
- Baby Spinach (5 oz.)
- Parmesan Cheese ( you can always add more but I used 1/4 cup)
- Greek Seasoning (optional pre mix from grocery store, once you used it you will love it)(to taste)
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Wash and dry all produce. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Thinly slice mushrooms and garlic. Thinly slice sausage into rounds.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage to the pot and sear until browned.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and half the garlic to pot and cook until softened, usually 4-5 minutes, tossing and sprinkling in a little, salt , pepper, and Greek seasoning.
- Add oregano, 1½ cups water, and stock concentrate to pot. Bring to a simmer and stir in couscous. Let simmer uncovered about 15 minutes. Sometimes adding a little extra water is needed until couscous is cooked.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Toss in remaining garlic add spinach and toss until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and a little Greek seasoning.
- Stir in a little parmesan cheese to the couscous to melt. Then add spinach into couscous and stir. Divide couscous between bowls and Voila!
Mozzarella-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Potato Wedges
What You Need For Two:
- Yukon Potatoes (about 10 small)
- Roma Tomatoes(2)
- Panko Breadcrumbs(1cup)
- Dried Oregano (1tsp. or more if you’d like)
- Paprika (1tsp.)
- Mozzarella Cheese (1 cup)
- Chicken Breasts(2)
- Greek Seasoning (pre-mix you can buy at the grocery store)(to taste)
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut potatoes into about 1/2 inch thick wedges, like steak fries. Core and quarter tomatoes.
- Toss potatoes and tomatoes with olive oil ,salt , pepper and Greek seasoning to taste. Then pour mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until potatoes are crispy and tomatoes are very soft, 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Mix panko, oregano, paprika, Greek seasoning, mozzarella cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Season chicken breasts all over with salt and pepper and a little Greek seasoning. Rub with a drizzle of olive oil. Place on a second baking sheet.
- Add a layer of panko crust to top of each chicken breast, gently pressing to adhere. Pile topping as high as possible (you may have some left over).
- Bake chicken until meat is cooked through and topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with potato wedges and roasted tomatoes.
Voila! This one is sure to impress, Enjoy!
Maple Balsamic Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli
What You Need For Two:
- Broccoli Florets (about 8 oz.)
- Sweet Potatoes (2 large)
- Chicken Breasts (2 about 12 oz.)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Sweet and Smoky Spice Blend (you can buy a blend pre made or use cinnamon, salt, pepper, a little cayenne pepper.)
- Onion Powder
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place broccoli florets on a baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper ( I also sprinkle Turmeric which is optional). Roast until crispy and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Put on a plate and microwave(yes in the microwave!) on high until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- While broccoli and sweet potatoes cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season chicken all over with salt ( I use a Mediterranean Sea Salt) and pepper, onion powder,(optional turmeric, also I add with chicken and pork dishes a pre made Cuban blend you can purchase at grocery store). Add to pan and cook until browned about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and slice into about 1/2 inch slices, Throw back into the pan until browned and no pink in the center.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan, I go a little heavy on this I pour it in until half of the bottom of pan is covered or you can ass about 4 TBSP. Simmer until thickened but not completely evaporated, 1-3 minutes( I turn heat up to high). Add 4-5 tsp maple syrup (I add more, I like extra sauce) and simmer until very thick and sticky, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 TBSP butter and stir until melted.
- Split sweet potatoes down the middle and brush with butter season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a pinch of sweet and smoky spice blend (to taste). Lightly mash with a fork if you’d like.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on plates with chicken and broccoli. Drizzle over any remaining glaze and sprinkle sweet and smoky spice blend over top. Voila! Quick and easy!
Thai Pork Stir Fry with Mint and Ginger
What You Need For 2:
- Basmati Rice(2cups)
- Green Beans(6 oz.)
- Ginger(1 thumb)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Red Bell Pepper(1)
- Mint(1/4 oz.)
- Ground Pork(10 oz.)
- Soy Sauce(to taste)
- Turmeric Powder(to taste)
- Honey(to taste)
- Onion Powder
Prepare To Be a Chef:
- Bring 1 cup water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, add rice, Sprinkle turmeric powder all over top of rice and stir (you want the turmeric to make your rice yellow). Cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- Wash and dry all produce. Trim and halve green beans. Peel and mince ginger. Mince or grate garlic. Trim scallions and cut into 1-inch pieces. Core, seed, and thinly slice bell pepper. Pick leaves from mint and coarsely chop. Place all separate.
- Drizzle oil in a large pan over high heat. Add green beans, bell pepper, and scallions and toss until softened and starting to brown, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and onion powder. Add pinch of garlic (not all of it). Throw in peas for about 2 more minutes. Remove from pan, put in bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add a large drizzle of oil to same pan. Add rest of garlic and ginger and toss 1-2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add pork,(this is a totally optional step but anytime I make pork I add a Brazilian pre mixture spice, which you can get the grocery store even though this is a Thai dish. Trust me it makes your pork amazing but spice isn’t for everyone so that’s why I didn’t call for it in the ingredients). Break up pork into pieces with spatula or wooden spoon and cook until browned and crisp at edges, 5-6 minutes. Toss in veggies, soy sauce, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in half of the mint. Fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice between plates and top with stir-fry. Garnish with remaining mint if desired, I highly recommend it! Voila! You are all done this one is quick and easy but it will taste like you spent all day working on it!
Enjoy! I make several different kinds of pork dishes, but take my advice and try the Brazilian seasoning no matter what type of pork dish your making, you will be glad you did!
Herb Roasted Salmon with Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes & Chard topped with Almonds
What You Need For 2:
- Salmon Fillets
- Red & Yellow Bell Peppers(1 each)
- Red Onions( half or 1 whole depends on how much onion you’d like)
- Garlic (to taste)
- Green Beans (I prefer French cut)
- Paleo Caesar Dressing(store bought, doesn’t have to be Paleo, just what I prefer)
- Almonds(to sprinkle to taste)
- Red Chard
- Sweet Potatoes(2)
Prepare To Be A Chef:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. De-stem dill, thyme, and oregano; finely chop all leaves together. Place Salmon in a bowl, drizzle oil ( I use Mediterranean olive oil). Add herbs a little bit of salt and pepper. Optional to add a little bit of honey(I always do with fish). Slice lemon into thin circle slices .
- Trim stem ends off green beans and cut into 1-inch pieces, place into bowl. Cut red and yellow peppers into thin slices along with the onion and put in same bowl with green beans. Toss in some garlic to taste as much as you’d like. Drizzle with oil add some salt and pepper optional step I also when cooking veggies add a Greek Seasoning mix and sprinkle it on, it comes pre mixed and you can pick it up at any grocery store). Then stir.
- Spread veggie mixture on baking sheet, place salmon on top of veggies, skin side down. Place lemon slices on top covering salmon. (Optional to drizzle more honey all over on top(I do it adds extra flavor). Then place foil covers entire baking sheet, crimp foil over edges to seal.
- Put baking sheet with veggies and salmon in over and Roast 15-20 minutes(depends on your oven or until salmon flakes with fork and veggies are tender).
- Meanwhile, remove center stem from red chard. Cut stem into about 1/4 pieces and separately chop leaves into bite-size pieces. Also dice sweet potatoes to bite-sized.
- Drizzle cooking oil into pan, add sweet potatoes and chard stems. Season with salt and pepper and a little bit of turmeric if you have it( I add turmeric a lot along with salt and pepper just for the health benefit, I cant stress enough how great it is for you! In fact every time I say add salt and pepper in my recipes I am really adding turmeric also, so feel free to as long as you like the taste). Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add chard leaves to sweet potato mixture; stir. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Cook 2-4 more minutes depends on your stove or how high heat your using, you just want them to be fork tender. Stir occasionally then add some drizzles of honey to taste. Take off heat.
- Divide veggies and top with salmon keeping the lemon on top the salmon. Place sweet potato and chard mixture next to salmon and veggies. Sprinkle with almonds and place Caesar dressing in side cup on plate or drizzle over plate lightly. Voila your finished!
Lets Talk Awkward Spaces…
Everyone has random or odd spaces they don’t know how to fill in their home. We have this ledge above our door that I have been staring at for months now, trying to figure out what to do it was just so open and empty.
Sorry if the photo is a little dark, I do most of my projects around the house at nighttime considering our busy lifestyle. But as you can see it just needed something, it was so bare and awkwardly empty.
In any space your decorating in your home you should create a space to inspire your life, spaces that you feel good about with things you love. A space which reflects and inspires your family.
I get inspired by beautiful architecture around the world and different worldly art. I absolutely love culture. Several Months back I fell in love with these Spanish wood and iron doors and purchased them for the shop, I’ve stared at them every day I am at the shop dreaming of how beautiful they would be in someone’s home and what unique things they could use them for. Well I got tired of dreaming and wondering and I brought those babies home! They truly inspire me, and did I mention they are my favorite color, teal!
I always get these crazy ideas, my husband said you want to put those where? He huffed in amusement and we went and got them, even had to strap them to the top of our car since they would not fit inside! Needless to say he loves it! I put some vases and greenery to balance and soften. But Voila! No more empty awkward space! Now every morning I walk down my stairs I get to truly be inspired by something I love, these gorgeous Spanish doors opened up to the window of what the day awaits outside. How exciting, now get excited about all the possibilities for your home!
I hope your inspired to create a home and a lifestyle you’ll love. Follow along as I reveal how to “Chic Your Home” in all aspects, from home decorating to recipes and everything in between!
Steak & Potatoes with Balsamic-Cranberry Sauce
What You Need For 2:
- Rosemary (pinch or two)
- Yukon Gold Potatoes (10 small)
- Red Cabbage (used 1 package)
- Mustard Seeds (1tsp)
- White Wine Vinegar (2TBSP)
- Sirloin Steak (I used 12oz)
- Balsamic Vinegar (to taste about 2TBSP I go heavy)
- Soy Sauce (to taste 1-2 TBSP)
- Cranberry Jam(5tsp)
- Yellow Onion (1)
Prepare to be a Chef:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Peel, and thinly slice onion. Strip rosemary leaves from stems if you are using Fresh and finely chop until you have 1 TBSP, I usually go heavy on all my spices(I love flavor). Discard stems. Halve potatoes lengthwise, then cut into about 1-inch-thick wedges (however wide you want your fries)
- Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil ( I use several different kinds of oils when I cook, it all depends on the taste you are going for, this time I used Avocado oil) and chopped rosemary. Season with salt ( I use a Pink Mediterranean Sea Salt) and pepper. Roast until lightly brown and crisp, about 30-35 minutes
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and cabbage and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, tossing. Add mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop. Stir in white wine vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- While cabbage cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in another pan over medium-high heat. (A lot of people pat steak dry with a paper towel, to rid all extra juices.I do not, I use a lot of seasonings &spices when I cook so the extra juices helps absorb them and keep them on the meat) Season all over with salt and pepper, and all additional spices are optional I always use a Cuban spice blend on my meats but flavor meats how your family will eat them. Add to pan and sear until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 4-7 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Use same pan to make sauce Add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, cranberry jam, and 3 TBSP water to same pan over medium heat. Stir. Let simmer until reduced to a Saucy consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Thinly slice steak. Arrange potatoes and cabbage between plates. Drizzle glaze over steak, and if you have extra rosemary you can sprinkle on top.
Enjoy! I make lots of different steak dishes, Stay Tuned!
Hello World! My Name is Ashley Little, I am a 28 year old Entrepreneur I own and run two companies. One I can express my passion and release my artistic side the other one more on a serious note. I am a busy mother of two and a wife to a loving supportive husband. I created this blog to share my passions of home decorating and creating a space to inspire your life along with Recipes and everything in between whether its organizing, cleaning or just down right loving the home your in. Thank You for following me I hope you enjoy this journey of Chic Your Home with me, I am glad your here! God Bless!